Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Project Serve So Far Pt. 2

hey guys, im back and as promised im going into wad ive learnt so far. just an update on life however, been busy planning to meet all my friends after wrk at night. so far met joanna today and meeting sarah on wed, cher on thurs and going back for CF on fri. tmr having BAK KUT TEH dinner with fam. have been craving bak kut teh for the longest time. anws hopefully i can confirm my meetings for next week and the week after soon. really have fun meeting up and catching up with friends. as u guys noe, i sort of prefer to meet up with pple one on one to just talk so it has really been a joy to just meet up with pple alone and not in groups where i can talk abt wadever.

ok so back to the point, the camp 2 weeks ago really spoke to me. basically it was abt other pple centredness, to take up the cross and deny oneself, and to be free to wrk for God. i have always seen myself to be someone who doesnt mind to inconvenience myself when it comes to helping friends. and although i try to do it often as i can, i might not be doing it all the time. i guess for myself, although i love helping other pple out, i dont really want them to rely too much on me or to take advantage of me. thankfully, after reflecting for some time, i realised tt i have been helping pple out out of love for them and not for selfish reasons. as most of u shld noe, in reality im not some egotistical proud guy though i make myself have this fake ego for pple to make fun of just for pple to have something to laugh at. so when i say tt i realised i have been helping pple out out of love, im not trying to boast or anything but im more of reflecting tt its a reflection of my love of someone. i noe its sometimes hard to gauge whether u love someone. since we are commanded to love even our enemies, how can we see tt we have truly loved them? so after reflecting abt the way i show my love, i actually realised tt it is an effective way to see whether u have truly loved someone. are u willing to go out of ur way and inconvenience urself just to help tt person do something? i guess if u are willing to put ur own self aside for tt person, u have truly come to love tt person. and by willing i dont mean begrudgingly.

then on fri at Connections, Mr Lim Chien Chong gave an awesome sharing on decisions and other stuff tt i cannot really rmb (forgot to take notes) but the main thing tt i can rmb now is tt truly one has to rely on God when making decisions and in one's everyday life. i rmb tt he was talking abt how one needs God in JC and i couldnt agree with him more. JC was the time when i really got connected to God and although it sort of stagnated at the end, it was a wonderful 2 years getting in tune with God. without AC i would have been aimless and not really having a relationship with God. u could say tt i was a good Christian in the sense tt i would having been making an effort to keep up God's laws but didnt really have a relationship with Him. He also made it so much better. after getting in tune with God, He gave me this peace tt His will is supreme and all i have to do is submit to it. He blessed me with this trust tt i could have in Him tt most pple would find difficult to do. i admit tt i did falter in my trust a few times but other than tt, i found tt it was this trust tt allowed me to submit myself to His will and not wry so much abt my studies which also allowed me to focus on my time in CF. i truly would not have survived without the Lord.

ok tts for the whole 1st week. lessons from last week will be posted tmr including today's lessons. its getting late alr so i gtg. cyas:)

No comments:

Post a Comment