Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Retreat Day 1

Hey guys, my com tt I brought for retreat totally crashed on me. Think it's the LCD screen. Typed out quite slot of this post on it then it went and crashed on me. I'm typing this today (yesterday) and posting it tmr (today). Haha anyways I actually had quite alot to talk abt. Today jan planned a game for us which had quite a gd learning pt. We were split into 2 grps and each grp has to pick a person to wear a scooped up melon on his head. Cos I'm such a nice guy I obviously put it on. Haha well actually the game was much more than tt and like there were other learning pts but the main thing I came out of it was this, we really didn't want to put tt disgusting "crown of melon" on our heads but how much tougher was it for Jesus to put on the "crown of thorns". But He loved us so much tt He did it.

We also shared on our spiritual walk with God which led us to doing a qt tgt. It was on Luke 15:11-21, the parable of the lost son. Although there were many pts to learn from in this passage, the main pt tt impacted me was how the father celebrated his son's return even after he had betrayed his father. This got me thinking abt our spiritual lives. No matter how much we may have betrayed God, no matter how much we have backslidden and no matter how much we have failed Him, He will always receive us back with open arms. We can always be assured tt we can always go back to Him. We just need to choose to go back to Him and admit tt we were wrong.

I did my own qt also which was abt 1 Peter 4:12-19. It's abt trials and how God always have a plan for them. Haha I noe I've talked abt this topic lots but this is mainly abt pple who insult u abt ur faith. I mean this thing is really real to me cos I've been insulted lots abt being too guai or not going along with things sometimes. This passage really encourages me tt it is truly a blessing as through them insulting me, I feel tt they are noticing how a true Christian will act and when the time is rite, they may feel tt receiving Christ into their lives would be the rite thing to do. So we shldnt fear tt pple may insult u or think any less of u when u act Godly. Just do wad u feel is wad God would want u to do. Anyways, don't we live for God and not for men?

Ok guys I'm ending off here. Haha may post again with my iPhone. Thank God I have an iPhone. Haha cyas:)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment