Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Silence + All the Best/Blessed

hey guys, i would like to say a lot but ive not much time cos i need to go sleep now so tt i can wake up early tmr to study. didnt study much cos i thought still got a lot of time but who knew tt my brain would stop functioning and i suddenly took like 1 hr trying to do an easy Maclaurin's series ques. so im gonna go sleep soon and wake up energised to finish the maclaurin's series tutorial.

well first post in some time tt i have to think abt and im so brain dead rite now. the irony is killing me. well i think i post the best in a half dead state anyways since i usually cant think of wad to type in the afternoon. well lets get started with my qt then.

the qt was abt silence. from Psalm 131:
1 My heart is not proud, O LORD,
my eyes are not haughty;
I do not concern myself with great matters
or things too wonderful for me.

2 But I have stilled and quieted my soul;
like a weaned child with its mother,
like a weaned child is my soul within me.

3 O Israel, put your hope in the LORD
both now and forevermore.

well this totally reminded me of the silent retreat tt i just had (im sure u rmb it since ive been quoting wad ive learnt since it ended) and well i feel tt silence is a treasure tt we barely have nowadays. we have become so used to noise tt we cannot live without it. i mean how often are we discomforted when we are not talking to anyone and have to play some music to ease ourselves? but i find tt we have to quieten our hearts and ourselves down to allow God the opportunity to speak to us. when we are so busy with the noise of life, we will be distracted and will not be able to hear when God's still, small voice speaks to us. tts why quiet time is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO impt and we shld always take the time to quieten ourselves and remove all distractions and go to the Lord in prayer to allow Him to speak to us.

well tts the gist of wad i have to say abt silence. although i want to say more i dont really have the time to. cos i promised tt i will be talking abt my feelings abt the Good Luck/Lucky/Fortunately thing. im gonna be ranting so if u cant stand my rants well skip to the last para....ok so for those of u who stayed, lets get to my ranting. well wads up with Christians saying Good Luck during exams or like "im so lucky i got great results". i mean i noe it can be just saying since everyone is saying it and like u are so used to it. but there is no such thing as luck. are u attributing ur success to luck? im not saying its evil to say such things but wad are u attributing all the things tt happen to u to? luck? or God?

tts why i feel tt we shld change our vocab to using words like blessed/all the best/thank God. where we attribute the good things tt happen to us to God. well all the best isnt attributing it to God but its better than Good Luck and shorter than "may God help u in ur exam". cant we just make a pt to say something different to attribute the things tt was done to the One who truly did it? whenever i hear a Christian say Good Luck or anything to do with luck i feel like correcting him/her/it (and i do sometimes) but im afraid they might find me anal or something. but tts wad i believe in and im sticking to it. so lets all say we are blessed to be where we are now!!! (and not lucky:)

k tts it for my rant. u pple who dont like my ranting...its safe to read now. k have to turn in now if i want to wake up at 8 to finish up the maclaurin's tutorial. still dont noe how to find range so if u noe pls tell me. haha well tmr got senior/junior comm gathering at jiap's house and tts why i want to finish tt tutorial before going. haha gonna have fun tmr and gonna finish giving out presents. dont really want to carry any over the new yr except the one for the gift exchange on the 2nd. sry to those who i will see on the 2nd cos i wont have any presents for u. well tts wad u get for not asking me out before the new yr. haha well im sure ill buy for u for next yr's Christmas so just wait until then. one yr's not tt long:) well then tts it for today. cyas:)

No comments:

Post a Comment